Silicone household items kitchenware products
Silicones are a diverse family of specialty, high-performance materials that includes reactive silanes, silicone fluids, and silicone polymers, which are widely used in a variety of consumer and industrial products. These materials provide essential benefits in key segments of our economy, including health care, aerospace, personal care, electronics, transportation, and construction.
Uses & Benefits for silicone household items
Silicones impart a number of benefits to the products in which they are used, including enhanced flexibility and moisture, heat, cold, and ultraviolet radiation resistance. Silicones can be manufactured in many forms, including solids, liquids, semi-viscous pastes, greases, oils, and rubber.
Personal Care Products for silicone household items
Silicones used in personal care products reduce the white residue and tacky feel of antiperspirants in deodorants. They are also “long-lasting” and help to retain the color and luster associated with cosmetics, shampoos, and conditioners, as well as impart better shine, and allow skincare products to be made with stronger SPF. Wetting and spreading qualities provide for smooth and even application of cosmetics, lotions, sunscreens, and cleansers.
Are Silicone household items and kitchenware products food-safe?
When manufacturing high-performance O-rings and custom sealing solutions for the food process industry, safety has to be the number one priority. Precision Polymer Engineering manufactures a wide range of elastomeric materials – including silicone. But how safe is silicone sealing, and how can the health of the end consumer be protected?
At Precision Polymer Engineering, our sealing expertise combines not just compliance with an assortment of regulatory standards, but a deep understanding of our consumers and the critical performance of our elastomer products.
From those without specialist knowledge standing outside of our industry, the safety of silicone in food applications is often called into question. With a firm commitment to minimizing risk in the food process chain, our professional sealing engineers share their knowledge of silicone, its properties, and what this means in regard to food safety.
Silicone (or polydimethylsiloxane) is a man-made polymer and the product of Silica and Carbon when heated together at high temperatures. Silicone is a completely synthetic rubber and a relatively hybrid material as it is formed from organic compounds of Hydrogen and Carbon, known as hydrocarbons.
Silicone-based rubber products are characterized by a number of key properties, including;
- High and low heat resistance
- Chemical Resistance
- High Compressibility
- High Elasticity
- Water Repellency
The temperature resistance and performance of silicone can be highlighted in two everyday household products introduced for the food industry – cupcake molds and ice cube trays. Silicone can be transported from the temperature of a freezer to that of a hot oven without undergoing any structural changes which may affect its performance as a mold.
The number of silicone applications encountered in everyday life is incredible. From airplane engines to swimming goggles, silicone seals and coatings are found in just about every corner of consumer life. The impressive chemical, thermal and mechanical properties of silicone makes the material highly durable and so it is little wonder that it has been widely adopted by a range of industries, not least the food industry.
Food Safety for silicone household items
The FDA (Food & Drug Administration) is responsible for the regulation of the food and pharmaceutical industries, in order to protect the public from food and drug hazards. Although the FDA is a body of the US government, and its jurisdiction only applies in the United States, its principles and regulations are adopted as a recognizable worldwide standard.
Silicone’s resistance to temperatures and chemicals ultimately means that it does not react with foodstuffs or any other media encountered in the process line. The use of silicone sealing, therefore, does not result in any hazardous byproducts which could adversely affect the health of the workforce or end consumers. This is important when considering silicone as a ‘food-safe material.
However, according to their Food Code, a material is only considered ‘food-safe’ if it is FDA-compliant, which means ‘acceptable to the regulatory authority [FDA] based on a determination of conformity with principles, practices and generally recognized standards that protect public health. Whilst the characteristics of silicone makes it highly durable and resistant, there is no automatic universal ‘approval’ of all silicone products or manufacturers.
Silicone household items Cooking Utensils - The Way to Easier Cooking
New silicone household items and cooking utensils are invented all the time. How can one improve the common spatula and spoon? There are as many different kitchen utensils as there are stars in the sky, each with a claim that may or may not is proven. There are however reasonable benchmarks that can assist in the process of determining the usefulness of a kitchen utensil. Silicone cooking utensils certainly fill the gap in some areas. However, as the case should be, each cook or chef will determine what is best for them!
Silicone household items of Silicone utensils have been available for a few years and the following list of benefits have been experienced by users:
- Ability to repel water - so that they do not make a mess when taken out of the saucepan
- Resistant to oil, solvent oxygen, and sunlight - less mess
- Non-stick - less mess
- Heat Resistant - able to be used in almost any household cooking situation
- Flexible and strong - does not break easily
- Poor conductor of electricity - good insulator
- Low toxicity and chemical reactivity - no reaction with foodstuffs
- Microwave safe - can be put into the microwave
- Dishwasher safe - can be washed in the dishwasher (or washing machine!)
- Withstand temperatures up to 270 C or 520 F - normal maximum cooking temperatures
Reputable manufacturers create products that not only have the above benefits but are useful as well. Oyigift is such a supplier and their range fits into four categories
- Utensils such as brushes, spoons, etc. with silicone heads and comfortable stainless steel handles - easy to use and no worries with heat.
- Oven mitts and mini mitts - easy to use and easy to wash
- Trivets - light and flexible, can be used almost anywhere
- Pop items. These are unique and innovative items that collapse for easy storage and space in the dishwasher, such as funnels, drainers, strainers, and sieves. The pop items are the real point of difference.
The silicone household items kitchenware entire product range is
- Color-coordinated - choose red or grey
- Price competitive - all items
- High-quality - warranty
- Practical and heat resistant - as detailed above
They are a tried, tested, and better way of enjoying the cooking experience. Silicone products do make things easier.
Silicone cookware was only mass-produced in 2004, and new products are coming onto the market regularly. The silicone brush and the collapsible products are the most popular. Try some when next you need one or give it as a gift to someone you love.
Silicone household items kitchenware manufacturers voluntarily support health and environmental testing to provide a greater scientific understanding of silicone materials used in consumer and industrial applications. The goal of the research is to communicate relevant research and safety information to regulatory agencies, employees, and customers.
Silicones’ versatility stems from their performance and protective qualities. Silicones are used across some of the most strenuous and yet some of the most sensitive applications. They add “industrial” to the “strength” of coatings, sealants, and joints in skyscrapers, bridges, highways, and ocean vessels. Used in personal care products and health care, they make lotions, topical medications, and skin adhesives easy to apply and less irritating.
- How to distinguish the quality of silicone kitchenware
- Kitchenware Wholesale Manufacturing: How To Make Your Own Silicone Kitchenware
- Do you know more information about silicone kitchenware?
- What types of silicone products are there
- What's the silicone products' process and use
- Can you wash dishes with silicone gloves?
- What are the custom silicone household products?
- What are the advantages of silicone cake molds
- What are the advantages of silicone cookware
- What is silicone cookware?
- Is silicone cookware safe?
- Note on the use of silicone tableware
- What is the silicone ice cube tray product?
- Benefits Of A Silicone Massage & Wash Brush
- Introducing the convenient, reusable silicone food pouch and bag
- Are there any advantages of silicone food bags?